Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

In my opinion, Cannon is above the district learning curve when it comes to using Twitter, Facebook and blogs to communicate about your classrooms! The use of social media creates an atmosphere of transparency that helps to build relationships. I love to share with other liaisons the use of your weekly blogs - you set the standards high. I am impressed!!

Speaking of blogs, I am in the process of creating my own blog. As part of my blog, I will be uploading my section of the Cannon News FLASH called Coaching Corner. I will notify you asap when my blog is ready, so that you will know how to access and subscribe to it, so that you can be notified of when I post things to my Learning Liaison site that might be helpful. (I like the blog format because you can find things easier through the “labels/tags”.) I will be mindful of the titles, so you do not waste time reading something that does not apply to you.

TWITTER
I will be participating for the first time as a co-host with the GCISD Twitter chat on Thursday. Join us on 11/6 @ 8:30-9:30 pm for Learning Outside the Classroom with @sushi155@angiebakke & @Lisa_BrownGCISD #gcisdchat

Twitter shortcuts I am learning to use:
  • Ts = teachers
  • Ss = students
  • w/ = with
  • B4 = before
  • b/c = because
  • BTW = by the way
  • DM = Direct Message
  • Thx = thanks
  • RT = Re-Tweet
  • TIL = Today I Learned​
  • IMO = In my opinion

Below are some of the Twitter names that I used to inspire my instruction last year:

ELA: @MrSchuReads, @literacydocent, @IRAToday, @ProfessorNana @AmyRass, @colbysharp, @nerdybookclub, @pennykittle

Authors: @barbaraoconnor, @PatriciaPolacco,

Technology: @SkypeClassroom, @TeacherApps, @AuntyTech @mattbgomez, @TechNinjaTodd

I would love to know more about your favorites in the areas of motivation, STEM, math and using technology in the classroom. We will be sharing these in our next round of PLCs. ​

No comments:

Post a Comment