Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014

ELPs Update

I appreciate your work (K, 1, 2) this past week in PLCs as we reviewed and discussed our ELPs  (English language proficiency standards) to work with our English language learners (ELLs).  These standards are apart of our TEKS and should be implemented through out all subject areas. This next week 3rd, 4th and 5th will visit this as well. 

As I was preparing for our PLCs, I ran across this "Student friendly ELPs" document.  First of all, you know I LOVE ANYTHING that is in kid-language and then it struck me that these fit perfectly with our current use of "I can..." statements.  I look forward to discussing these with you to determine if DUAL classes can use any of these along with their "I can..." statements or if these can be used with student goal setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment