Sunday, August 30, 2015

Aug. 31, 2015


Congratulations!!! You have survived the 1st week of school.  As I have worked behind the scenes this past week, I have witnessed you taking care of students, parents, new teachers, colleagues and putting yourself last.

I read a great article from ASCD Express that explains Ten Things Master Teachers Do.  I will give you the short list:
·      Ask for help
·      Avoid negative people AT ALL COST
·      Have a classroom management plan AND STICK TO IT
·      Be the happiest-looking teacher in the school
·      Convince your students you care
·      Make lessons fun, meaningful, and doable
·      Avoid power struggles with students
·      Use social media appropriately
·      Act like a professional
·      Communicate with parents

All of my beliefs align with this article with one exception.  It is imperative that you take care of yourself as well.  Your personal happiness is reflective in the way you treat your students, parents and colleagues. 

I appreciate your passion to focus on teamwork and the overall success of our school.  I look forward to working with each of you this year.  Please send me an email and let’s schedule time to achieve your goals!!


No comments:

Post a Comment