Monday, January 4, 2016

Jan. 4, 2016

As the new year begins, I keep thinking about my "word" of the year via Jon Gordon. Last year my word was intentional. I still think that this is a HUGE word for me. Every decision I make needs to be intentional otherwise I am wasting time and not improving. At work, this word has served me well, however I don't think it has been as effective in my personal life.

This year my word needs to help me personally as well. I seem to "take care of myself" LAST as most mothers do. However, 2016 will be a HUGE year of change for me as my seniors girls will be leaving home to continue their education.

So the words I have pondered are: improvement, selfish, motivated, commitment, and growth. These words can all relate to me personally and in the educational setting. I've decided growth will be my word, which makes me laugh because physically I do not need to grow!!! However, I need to focus on my growth as a STEM educator and personally to be the best me I can. That means I need to have more balance and make time for my health and personal goals that I have put aside.


Happy New Year and may 2016 be the best year for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment