Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 2, 2015


This I Know for Sure
Lisa’s Ode to Oprah

As we journey through this year together, I know everyone feels stretched more than ever.  If you are like me, I can get bogged down in the “process” or the requirements of teaching.  When this happens we lose our footing on WHY WE TEACH.

So as we are conducting Achievement Data meetings and completing benchmarks we again are reminded that students don't all learn at the same speed. Some will need more time to learn. This aligns with all of our beliefs. We have to address their GAPS by providing targeted instruction in small groups (RTI) over time that will result in LEARNING. 

Don’t let the GAPS overwhelm you when students have many.  By addressing one GAP at a time, I promise the students make gains!!!! Sometimes you are just too close to it to see the great strides you are making.

This is my Oprah moment:
”Targeted Instruction + Time = Learning”…this WE know for sure!!
We teach so all students can learn.

I will help you find your focus for RTI groups…email me and let’s set up a time to work together.


Check out this GREAT article: The Why Behind RtI - Educational Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment