Sunday, September 11, 2016

April 25, 2016

Currently at Cannon we have 10 teachers that have attended the 21st Century Learning Academy at the Fort Worth Museum. There are several more planning to attend this summer. This is a training that ALL teachers at Cannon should plan to attend, in order to deepen your knowledge about STEM-based instruction.

  • The 21st Century Learning Academy will provide educators with in-depth experiences on integrating STEM education into their classrooms. The pedagogy, practices and implementation strategies taught will enhance professional practice and help build educators' understanding of how STEM based instruction can benefit student learning.
  • 3-8 Educator's Academy: July 25-29, 8:30am-4:30pm
  • K-2 Educator's Academy: August 1-5, 8:30am-4:30pm

Please consider attending this foundational training to learn how to implement STEM strategies into classrooms. This class is a great addition to add to your STEM toolbox!!

Here is what two of your colleagues said about FWMSH:

Kami: "My experience at the FWMSH for the STEM professional development was the best and it was challenging. I needed the background to help me find my 'place', so learning pedagogy was fantastic! Also, because it wasn't tied to Cannon, (if I messed up, it wouldn't reflect badly) l was comfortable trying to merge pedagogy and 'Kami'. I had a blast and finally felt I was understanding STEM and actually did a pretty good job!"


Heather: "Going to the Fort Worth Museum STEM week greatly impacted my teaching because I understood how to incorporate engineering into any content I was teaching and how I could incorporate other content areas into the design challenge or project. This training also allowed me to design work to have students apply their learning to authentic global problems rather than just creating scenarios for them. It also made me understand the significance of the engineering design process and how this should be a guide not only for students to use but is a guide for us when designing lessons."

No comments:

Post a Comment