Sunday, January 29, 2017

Global Science Education Continuum 1/30/17

Qualities of LEAD 2021 & Portrait of a Graduate came to my mind when I saw this chart in a PBL session at the T-STEM Conference. I do think we strive hard in classrooms to make students "Global Citizens" by exposing them to the world beyond our school, yet I have never thought of this in terms of a continuum: awareness, parallel activities, shared data, stages of communication, collaboration and contribution.


I starting placing the exciting things that we have done at a campus level at Cannon on this continuum: Cardboard Challenge, Global Read Aloud, Linus Blanket Project, Skyping with Nepris, Google Expeditions and Heifer International. I can't wait to see the exciting things you are planning for the spring and I hope our scholars get the opportunity to be a part of each level on the continuum. So proud of your AMAZING WORK @ canSTEM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment