Recently I saw a Tweet that caught my interest because of the title: Letter to a Tired Teacher. The months March and April are definitely that time of year when teachers can relate to this!
- You are kind to students when you see them... because you realize that may be the only kindness they experience all day.
- You teach... and then you reteach... and sometimes tutor individually... because you realize not everyone gets it the first time (or even the second time).
- You strive to be the kind of teacher that you would want your own kids to have.
- You learn new ideas from your colleagues... and sometimes from the internet... because you are committed to being a better teacher tomorrow than you were today.
- You try to connect with students who don't seem reachable... because you realize you may be their only lifeline.
- You provide encouragement and support to your colleagues when they're down.
- You have patience with the students who may be disruptive and annoying... because you know that those students still need you.
- You work to create a positive classroom environment... because you know that is the best kind of environment in which to learn.
In Danny Steele's letter he wrote, he closes it with these words- You're tired ... but you push on. And that makes you heroic. This resonates with my heart because you are an AMAZING staff who work tirelessly and creatively to provide something NEW and DIFFERENT for our scholars. I am proud of you and so excited for YOU to SHOWCASE your innovative work this next week for our parents! You can never be appreciated enough and I totally agree that YOU ARE HEROIC!!!